The 30-hour course is $575 which includes all materials fees for take-home products made in class. A $125 deposit holds your space with 3 additional monthly payments of $150.
Contact Us: 415-524-8693 • Email: info @ gatheringthyme.com
Click the sign-up button to register.
A non-refundable deposit of $125 ensures your space in class.
Summer Handcrafted Herbal Program
Six Sundays: June 11th & 25th, July 9th & 23rd,
August 13th & August 27th 10-4pm
Join us for a fun-filled experiential foray into the wonderful world of herbs… from growing to harvesting to medicine making. This program balances times spend outside in our herb gardens with indoor time making herbal medicines and natural skincare products. We’ll weave in the culinary, folklore and medicinal uses of plants we have growing in our gardens along with bio-regional natives. This class is suitable for anyone with an interest in herbology and natural skincare from teens through adults.
In this dynamic series, you will:
- Learn what herbs need to grow, what parts are used as medicine and when to harvest them.
- Learn proper drying and storage techniques to maximize quality/vital force.
- Become empowered with the knowledge necessary to care for your health naturally as we cover the utilization of herbs for common health issues as well as health enhancement.
- Build a home healthcare kit while learning different medicine making techniques.
- Discover the wonders of aromatherapy – learn to create floral waters/hydrosols from aromatic plants.
- Learn to incorporate herbs into your daily diet for increased health and vitality.
- Create your own herbal skincare products – spa day!
- Deepen your connection to Mother Earth, building a strong relationship with plants used for food and medicine.
Students will take home extensive handouts, recipes and all the products created during their course.
This class is being taught by Gathering Thyme Founder and Community Herbalist, Cheryl Fromholzer. For more about Cheryl, please visit: Cheryl Fromholzer